Maintenance Tip - Save on Energy Costs
- Raise the temperature slowly to keep your bill lower. Quickly raising your temperature set point activates the heat strip, which uses tons of energy.
- Set your thermostat to 68-70 degrees during the day in the winter, and 65-68 degrees at night to keep your home comfortable and save on heating costs.
- Set your thermostat to 78-80 degrees during the day in the summer, and 80-82 degrees at night to save on cooling costs.
- Lower your thermostat every time you leave the house.
- Close your exterior doors and windows when the heating or AC is on.
- Use ceiling fans or floor fans to cool off for less.
- Switch your ceiling fan to turn in a counter-clockwise direction in the summer; in the winter, run it at low speed, but clockwise. Ceiling fans use no more electricity than a standard light bulb. However, be sure to turn fans off when you leave - they only cool people, not rooms.